Why should you use Astra?
I have to tell you that Astra not only makes your website fast, but it can also make it look exactly the way you want with its fast and easy intuitive theme customizer, Largest library of pre-made websites!
What does Astra offer?
Astra is a very feature-rich theme. If you just look at its features in the free version, then you’ll find the capabilities that even some premium themes can’t provide. Further, if you have the premium version installed, then you get more of them. So, here’re some of the remarkable features of Astra:
- The first thing to know is that It is a very lightweight theme that’s proven to improve your website speed and performance. With a faster website, you’ll attract more visitors and enhance the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) of your site.
- The main reason behind the performance of the Astra theme is its clean and minimal code structure. The developers of Astra don’t use any heavy codes like JQuery. Also, the codes are written and structured in a very optimum way. For better results in your performance, you can combine the Astra theme with one of the best web hosting services available.
- Customization capability is something that makes one theme better than the others. And, It has lots of customization options that enable you to personalize your site as you want.
- After you install the theme, you can see a lot of options in the WordPress customizer. There, you can find all the elements that your theme has editable.
Page Builder Compatibility
- Page builders are WordPress plugins that offer to create and edit your web pages easily with dragging and dropping. Essentially, it converts your web page elements into draggable grids which you can place in your desired paces.
- And, Astra has been built to be compatible with major WordPress page builder plugins that make editing your site very convenient. Some of the page builder plugins that Astra supports are Elementor, Beaver Builder, and Brizy.
With Astra, you get a handful of options on the site layout. As a result, it becomes easy for showcasing items for different types of information or products in different formats. The available layouts are:
- Boxed: The boxed layout makes it possible to contrast important sections by displaying them in a box.
- Full Width: With this layout, you can display your site content in the entire screen width.
- Padded: It lets you set margins on the content to provide it some space from others.
- Fluid Layout: With the fluid layout, you can make your site content look good whether you stretch or contact your browser window.
- Spacing Control: It lets you give space and margins to all the elements.
- Default Container: This is the default layout that Astra provides.
Header and Footer Builder
- Header and footer builders are the latest features added in the newest version of Astra i.e. Astra 3.0.
- The best thing about the header and footer builders is that they are visual builders. I.e. they let you create and edit by a drag-and-drop interface. With that, you can create professional headers and footers with the builder’s interface and place the elements in any order you like.
- In your headers and footers, you can add various elements like texts, widgets, header menu, footer menu, social icons, links, etc. Moreover, changing the look of the header and footer is easy with the available layouts.
- Demo import is an important feature a theme can have. A demo site is simply a premade website template created to showcase the features of a theme. And, good WordPress themes like Astra allow importing such a demo site to any WordPress installation.
- With the demo import option, you can easily import the demo data with one click. Then, you can edit the content, change the images, texts, etc. and your site will be ready to publish. Saves a lot of time!
- WordPress plugins are the tools that you install on your WordPress site to add certain features. In some cases, WordPress themes don’t work well with those plugins leading to creating difficulties.
- In the case of Astra, it has seamless integration with various WordPress plugins. Some of the plugins that it supports well are LifterLMS and LearnDash. Besides, it has deep integration with other popular page builder plugins, which we’ve already talked about.
- Moreover, It runs smoothly with the most major plugins for WordPress SEO, membership, speeding, and eCommerce plugins.